Master of Arts in Ethics and Applied Philosophy
The program is designed to foster the application of ethical and philosophical knowledge to currently pressing concerns in social, economic, medical, legal, commercial, cultural, and political contexts and associations. The department offers both theoretical and applied courses. These courses provide students with a comprehensive, normative, politically-informed and logically consistent training relevant to current challenges encountered in business, medical associations, national and international political contexts, as well as public education.
- The completion of an application form together with a $75 application fee. The application website can be found here.
- A statement of purpose outlining why the applicant seeks admission to the program.
- Three recommendations submitted via the online application system, including both the form required in the admission system and a letter addressing the student's philosophical skills and/or ethical reasoning.
- One official transcript from all colleges or universities you have attended other than UNC Charlotte (mailed to the Graduate School at the address below.
- A philosophical writing sample, uploaded within the application system, preferably addressing an ethical or other philosophical issue. The writing sample should be no more than 20 pages.
Please send transcripts to the address below:
Graduate Admissions, UNC Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001
704‑687‑5503; 704‑687‑3279 (fax)